- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- ½ cup Arete basmati rice
- ¼ cup raisins
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon rose water (optional)
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- ¼ cup chopped pistachio nuts
- Boil the coconut milk, milk and sugar in a large saucepan. Add Arete basmati rice, and simmer over low heat until the mixture thickens and the rice is tender. This will take about 20 minutes.
- Take the cardamom, raisins and rose water and stir them together in the mixture. Cook it for a few more minutes.
- The Kheer is ready. Serve it in bowls and garnish with almonds and pistachios.